This is workshop #3 or the Lighter Leaner Stronger Faster Series: Flexibility Training and Injury Prevention
Hosted by: Dr. Andrew Cohen (Chiropractor) & Joel Ramirez (NASM Strength & USA Triathlon Coach)
This 60 – 90 minute active workshop will illustrate how to avoid those common injuries associated with repetitive motion from endurance sports like running and cycling.
· Structural alignment and muscular imbalances
· How imbalance affects performance
· Dynamic vs Static stretching
· Repetitive muscle use leads to muscular imbalance
– Show quoted text –
· Muscular imbalance leads to injury
· How to combine strength and flexibility training to decrease injury
Date: 26 February 2011
Place: BreakAway Performance Centre
150 Columbus Ave
San Francisco, CA. 94133
$20 before : 23 Feb 2011
$30 Day of workshop
*Proceeds from the workshops will go towards BreakAway’s key charity partnerships
*Partners receive an additional 20% off the aforementioned prices.
RSVP: [email protected].
Payment can be made via PayPal (link can be found on the home page at www.breakawaysf.com). Type “Flexibility workshop” as your description. Payment may also be made via Credit Card/cash but should be made before the workshop date to avoid any delays in starting on time.
March workshops to be announced soon.