This is workshop #3 or the Lighter Leaner Stronger Faster Series: Flexibility Training and Injury Prevention
Hosted by: Dr. Andrew Cohen (Chiropractor) & Joel Ramirez (NASM Strength & USA Triathlon Coach)
This 60 – 90 minute active workshop will illustrate how to avoid those common injuries associated with repetitive motion from endurance sports like running and cycling.
· Structural alignment and muscular imbalances
· How imbalance affects performance
· Dynamic vs Static stretching
· Repetitive muscle use leads to muscular imbalance
– Show quoted text –
· Muscular imbalance leads to injury
· How to combine strength and flexibility training to decrease injury
Date: 26 February 2011
Place: BreakAway Performance Centre
150 Columbus Ave
San Francisco, CA. 94133
$20 before : 23 Feb 2011
$30 Day of workshop
*Proceeds from the workshops will go towards BreakAway’s key charity partnerships
*Partners receive an additional 20% off the aforementioned prices.
Payment can be made via PayPal (link can be found on the home page at www.breakawaysf.com). Type “Flexibility workshop” as your description. Payment may also be made via Credit Card/cash but should be made before the workshop date to avoid any delays in starting on time.
March workshops to be announced soon.